Wednesday 15 January 2020

Christmas Tag Card

Just one card from me today - made for the CAS Christmas 'Tag' challenge.

I covered the front of the card with a snippet of red paper, leaving a small margin around the edges.  I attached the robin paper to thin card and die cut and embossed the tag, ensuring the robins were on the top part of the tag.  I placed the tag in my MISTI before stamping and embossing 'Christmas' in the lower corner.  The tag was then attached to the centre of the card.  I die cut 'happy' from brown card and attached it across the tag.  To finish, I made a small bow from brown ribbon and attached it to the top of the tag.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white matt card blank
     Creative Expressions 'Pierced Tags' and Lawn Fawn 'Scripty Happy' dies
     Practical Publishing 'Opulent Baubles' stamp (the stamp was Merry Christmas, but I cut it in half!).
     Snippets of red paper, robin paper, white and brown matt card, brown ribbon
     
I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - B for Bingo (Ribbon, Christmas Sentiment, Die Cut)    
     CAS Christmas - Tag
     Crafty Calendar Challenge - Add a Tag
     Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Anything Christmas or Holiday Related
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - January Challenge
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 369
     
Kath x

18 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely tag card Kath love your little birdies on the branch the red on the birds really pops out

Anne

Liz said...

Great card, Kath. Love the robin paper and the way you've arranged the sentiment. Your card would be perfect for the Crafty Calendar Challenge, where the theme this month is 'Add a Tag'. xx

meg said...

gosh Kath I thought your tag was stamped when I saw it, what great paper and recycling to this brilliant tag and card

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely card. Sue

Helen Gullett said...

What a sweet card, Kath. Love that tag with the winter birds scene. Thank you for sharing it with us at Happy Little Stamper January Anything Goes With Dies.

Chris said...

Fabulous festive make with the sweet robin tag showcased by the lovely clean design, a perfect entry for our challenge at Crafty Calendar. Thanks for playing along.
x

Pat said...

A wonderful tag card Kath using that beautiful bright red and the pretty dp with the robins on the tag, and finished really well with the large die cut sentiment above the smaller stamped second half which really makes a statement and co-ordinate perfectly with the brown ribbon. x

Jane Willis said...

I've got my guest designer hat on today - absolutely gorgeous card, I love the chubby little robins. Thanks for playing along at CAS Christmas while I'm "on duty"!
Jane

Valerija said...

This is fabulous Kath, I love the colours.
Valerija xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Kath..Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jules said...

Hi Kath

What a lovely card .. .. that is a great little scene you have created on your tag.

This challenge is on my list too.

Hoping to get to it before it ends!!

Love Jules xx

Christine Alexander said...

Great Tag card, those little robins in the trees are adorable. thanks for joining us at CAS Chritsmas:)

Loll said...

Beautiful tag card Kath! LOVE those sweet robins in the trees. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

I love these sweet robins, Kath, and how you've put them on this tag! The red background really makes them pop! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Inkyfingers said...

I love the pretty robin paper you used on the tag, and this is such a sweet, festive card.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

great use of your patterned paper, love the layout you used
thanks for joining us at HLS

Barb Housner

Dorte said...

Beautiful tag card, Kath. Lovely robin paper. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope we see you back again next month!
Dorte

Susan Renshaw said...

Super design!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!