Wednesday 24 July 2019

Layered Poppy

I love poppies and this summer there seem to be more than ever in the fields - they're definitely one of my favourite flowers.  So I was really pleased to see that the cover gift with this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine is an Altenew 'Layered Poppy' stamp and stencil set.  This is the first card I've made using the layered stamps, but I'm sure it won't be the last!


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Altenew 'Layered Poppy' stamps
     Versafine Onyx Black, Satin Red and Spanish Green
     White matt card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes'
     Pearly Sparkles Challenge 'Anything Goes 42'

Kath x

13 comments:

meg said...

Stunning Kath beautiful stamps and card

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous card Kath. I have a subscription to the magazine and was very pleased to see the Altenew Poppy stamp and stencil set. Love the CAS card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Mrs A. said...

I love poppies too. Almost as much as I do Butterflies. Off to buy the magazine ASAP. . I have noticed the amount of poppies this year. Love the rich red on your card. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

This is a beautiful poppy Kath and great to get the stamps and the stencil as the freebie. You have used the perfect red and the outlines around the flower and the leaves and stems give a more relaxed style to it but also define the shape, and love the sentiment style too. x

Jane Willis said...

Stunning card. I've been looking at the adverts for this mag and wondering if it's worth buying for the gift. I think you've just helped me to make up my mind!

Sue said...

Hi Kath, The card is lovely, but of course it should be purple:) LOL Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card using the free stamp Kath.

Sue xx

Lisa J said...

Gorgeous CAS card. Thanks for playing along with us at Pearly Sparkles. Lisa DT

Liz said...

Stunning card, Kath, great stamping. I tried to buy this magazine yesterday, but the supermarket had sold out. After seeing your beautiful card, I think I might need to go out shopping again tomorrow! xx

Liz said...

PS I managed to get a copy of the magazine today! Last one on the shelf. 😃 xx

Nancy said...

Love square cards and this one is so pretty! So happy you joined the girls and I over at Seize the Birthday this week!

Di said...

I got mine last week! What a lovely card Kath. frest and clean - and a fabby Altenew 'freebie'. As Len pointed out - at the price of the magazine not totally free - but a bargain in my eyes!

Hugs

Di xx