Monday 6 May 2019

You're How Old?

I made this card for my great-nephew's 17th birthday and am entering the Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge and the AAA Birthday 'Anything Birthday Goes' challenge.  All the card is from my snippets box so I'm heading into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


7" x 5" white matt card blank
Woodware 'Numbers' stamp
Tattered Lace 'Mini Candle' die
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
Snippets of blue, brown, green, red and turquoise texture card, brown, yellow and white matt card

I die cut 17 candles from blue, brown, green, red and turquoise card and attached them to white card and then die cut 17 yellow flames which were inlaid into the candles.  I trimmed the panel and stamped the sentiment below the candles.  The panel was layered onto brown card before being attached to the card blank.

Kath x

12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Kath! Jo x

Cardsbymaaike said...

love your row of candles, didn't count them,but there's not enough of them for my cake lol

Pat said...

These candles and the very apt sentiment look great on this card Kath, and will bring an instant smile when the envelope is opened, and love all the colours too. x

Jules said...

Hi Kath

What a lovely fun card for your great-nephew - a design that would work for anyone! Great idea!

Hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend.

Love Jules xx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's nice.

Hope you have a good day. Sue

meg said...

great die cuts and card, teens are so difficult to cater for love it

Jane said...

WOW! That's a lot of candles to get added so perfectly straight onto a card, I'm impressed! Thanks so much for being one of our first players at AAA Birthday.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this fantastic card and the super die that you've used for it too. A great way to use up those small scraps too.

Sue xx

KandA said...

Super card Kath, great dies and perfect for a teenager xx

Di said...

Such a fun card Kath - I love this idea. And also a super way to use up snippets of course!

Hugs

Di xx

Ana A said...

I love that you fit 17 candles on your card! That's a lot of die cutting and it turned out really awesome! Perfect for a teen :) Thank you so much for playing with us for our first game at AAA Birthday! I hope to see your creations in our future galleries!

Nancy said...

You did an amazing job lining up all those candles! I love it!