Thursday 25 April 2019

April Rudolph Day

It's time for another Rudolph Day and another Christmas tree card.  I'm also entering the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge 'Nature', the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes' and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 'Anything Goes'.  The card is from my snippets drawer so I'm heading into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


6" x 4" white matt card blank
Sizzix Framelits 'Trees, Leafy' stamp and die
Versafine Haberna ink
Snippets of green texture card, orange and white matt card

I stamped the tree onto white card using the Haberna ink before trimming the panel to size.  This was then layered onto a slightly larger snippet of orange card and then onto a snippet of green textured card before being attached to the card front.  I used the coordinating die to cut the tree from green textured card.  This was attached with liquid glue to give some 'wriggle room' whilst I ensured the die cut tree lined up with the stamped image.

Kath x

15 comments:

Pat said...

I love your stylised tree Kath and the orange leaves and mat complement the green of the tree so prettily. x

meg said...

gorgeous and different tree stamp and die, perfect CAS card

Sue said...

Hi Kath, I love the different way of doing the tree.

Hope you have a nice evening. Sue

Carol S. said...

Very different and very striking. Brilliant design Kath.

Liz said...

Great card, Kath. I love the the effect of the stamp and die cut, perfect in the colours you've used. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Kath.

Sue xx

Helen said...

Love it, Kath - a very elegant card.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card for Rudolph Day, Kath! I always enjoy the traditional red and green and I like the modern look of the stamped leaves, so cool!

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Brilliant CAS card, love the tree!!
Hugs D xx

scrappymo! said...

Great card, Kath.The stamp and die are so lovely and modern looking!
Great use of non traditional colour by adding the orange into it.

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

meg said...

thank you for your comment Kath I cut the card blanks myself, the hedgehog one uses a tonic die

Jackie C said...

This has come together beautifully!
Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI

Anonymous said...

I love the patterned branches of this modern tree along with the red and white combination! Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days challenge.
Linda

Di said...

Great card Kath - I love the contemporary feel and look. Yet you cleverly incorporated green, white and red. So striking!

Hugs

Di xx

cotnob said...

A great card Kath, a lovely contemporary image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x