Friday 14 December 2018

Meadow Lark

I love papers with large patterns as they don't require many embellishments to make cards and this one is no exception.  I've had the paper for ages and only now am finally taking it out of my drawer to use instead of looking at it!

I'm entering Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes' and Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.


7" x 7" cream pearlescent card
Die: Crafts-Too Presscut 'Happy Birthday'
Paper: Prima Marketing 'Meadow Lark' (magazine freebie)
Card: Purple pearlescent

I trimmed the paper, layered it onto purple card and attached it to the centre of the card front.  I then die cut the sentiment and attached it so the curve followed the birds's head.  Quick and simple and I hope the recipient likes it!

Kath x

7 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, The photo doesn't do it justice. It is a beautiful card. Thank you for sending it to me, for my birthday. Sue

Carol S. said...

The paper is lovely Kath and perfect for a CAS card. Love the soft colours. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

Your beautifully coloured bird goes perfectly with that background paper Kath, and love the way you have curved the die cut sentiment over the bird's head. x

meg said...

Beautiful card, hard to believe it was made from a paper sheet, love it

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful paper and a neat idea to follow the shape of the birds head with the sentiment. I hope you kept some of the paper for yourself. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Kath, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Carftyhazelnut's patterned paper Challenges.
Hugs, Iwona