Saturday 17 February 2018

Twofer Hearts

It's time for the second Twofer Card Challenge and this month the challenge is 'Hearts'.  I've used my Impression Obsession 'Heart of Hearts' die to make an anniversary card and a birthday card.

Onefer - Happy Anniversary

I'm also entering the Die cut Divas 'Love is in the Air' and Crafty Cardmakers 'Love and Romance' challenges. I'm also dashing across to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop with my snippets.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Stamp: Hobby Art 'General Greetings'
Die: Impression Obsession 'Heart of Hearts'
Ink: Versafine Crimson Red
Snippets: White hammer, red pearlescent and red mirri card

I die cut the Heart of Hearts from white hammer card and set aside the small hearts for my Twofer card.  I trimmed the card and stamped the greeting below the heart.  This panel was then layered onto red pearlescent card.  I die cut the heart from snippets of red pearlescent and red mirri card and inlaid the small hearts.  I placed a piece of paper over the panel before running it through my Cuttlebug to make sure the inlaid hearts were flat and then attached the panel to the card front.

Twofer - Another Year Flies By

I made this birthday card using the hearts I had set aside from my Onfer card.  I'm entering the Butterfly Challenge 'Spin the Butterfly Wheel with the Letter P' (I have chosen Purple and Patterned Paper) and the Cuttlebug Mania 'Colour Challenge' (I have chosen Purple, Lilac and White),


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Stamp: Ultimate Crafts 'Another Year Flies By' (magazine freebie)
Dies: Impression Obsession 'Heart of Hearts', Memory Box Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large & Classic Scalloped Circles Large
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Ink: Versafine Imperial Purple
Card: Purple pearlescent
Paper: Lili of the Valley 'Timeless Victorian' 
Other: Wink of Stella

I glued the hearts around the edge of the card front (I noticed there was a smudge of glue by one of the hearts and used the Sand Eraser I won from Di to remove it - it worked a treat and there's no sign of the mark).  I die cut and embossed a circle from a snippet of purple paper and using my MISTI I stamped the sentiment on the paler part of the paper.  This was layered onto a die cut and embossed purple scalloped circle and then attached to the centre of the card with foam tape.  I die cut a Kaleidoscope butterfly from purple card and attached it to the top of the circle.  To finish I highlighted the sentiment with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

23 comments:

brenda said...

Two pretty cards Kath, the heart one in particular really appeals.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Jo said...

Fabulous makes, especially love the anniversary card x

meg said...

Two beauties Kath

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Both are fab cards.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Kath.

Sue xx

Valerija said...

Such beautiful cards! I love them both!
Valerija xx

Pat said...

Two super cards Kath and such a great idea to use the white hearts from the first to decorate the background of the second and love the pretty purple scalloped mat and butterfly. x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW that shimmering heart looks fabulous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Mrs A. said...

At first glance no way were these cards made using the same die cut but Wow when you read how they were actually made your a genius!! Love them both but gosh that must have taken ages gluing all those little hearts on. Thankyou for spinning the butterfly wheel this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two beautiful card designs and I love how you used the same die for them.

Carol S. said...

Both gorgeous cards and love the detail. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Arlene said...

Beautiful cards. Both are stylish and striking. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Darnell said...

WOW, Kath! I'll bet you love (or did love at one time) jigsaw puzzles! I do and I love doing this kind of meticulous and labor-intensive card design, so I know how much time and effort went into these two cards! The results are spectacular and I'm sure these cards will be treasured forever by the recipients! Thank you for the reminder that I should run my inlaid dies back through the machine to flatten everything - genius! Your butterfly panel is a divine work of art set against all those cut-out hearts which add a ton of interest and texture!! Thank you so much for playing along in Twofer Card Challenge #2!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Happy Dance said...

Wonderful cards, Kath! You've really nailed the 'twofer' concept perfectly with these two cards. Great use of the same heart dies, and you've created two really different and fun cards. I can only imagine the work that went into making these - but the results were well worth it. Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

MaryH said...

Gosh, these are both stunning, and I especially loved the bright red mirro hearts peaking out from the die cut. It sparkles. Pretty CAS design, and how clever to use the waste cuts to enhance #2's look. The background is very dimensional with the extra hearts over the embossing as you've done. Glad the sand eraser worked well for you. And equally clever to make #2 work for more than one challenge too! TFS & Hugs

Di said...

Oh Kath - how clever to use the same die as well as the 'fallout pieces' to end up with two beautiful cards! Absolutely fabulous result(s)! And the cards are so very different as well - plus you used up snippets for the Anniversary one, hooray!

Great to hear the sand eraser is proving useful - it's one of those little things that you end up wondering how you ever managed without it! I smudged a card yesterday - and it worked a treat. And, as you found out, it's perfect for removing glue smudges as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Two gorgeous cards. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers Challenge. Marlene DT

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant makes Kath, love the results and showing each card different using the same die...well presented.xx[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️

KandA said...

Two super Cards Kath, fabulous designs and great use of the small hearts left from cutting the die xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Kath, I particularly like the use of pearlescent and mirri on the heart card and it was well worth the effort of glueing all of the little hearts down for your background as the resulting card is fabulous !
Hugs Kaz xx

J said...

Both beautiful cards - Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Janice said...

Your cards are gorgeous Kath, how different they look. I admire your patience with the loose hearts.
Janice x

Jannie said...

Thank you so much for joining us as Cuttlebug Mania, what a beautiful card.

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie