Sunday 17 December 2017

Noel

I made this card for the Cuttlebug Mania 'Anything Christmas' challenge.  I'm also entering the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge, the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes' and A Gem of a Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes'.   The card is made entirely from snippets so I'm also popping into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Die: Pretty Quick 'Stained Glass Noel' (magazine freebie)
Snippets: Cream pearlescent, black, green, gold and red card

I folded the pearlescent card to make a  4" x 4" card blank.  I die cut the Noel panel from black card and used Stick and Stay glue to attach it to the centre of the card blank.  I then die cut the panel again from green, gold and red card and inlaid the pieces.  After I had inlaid the pieces I put a piece of plain paper on top of the die and ran it through my Cuttlebug again to ensure the the small die cut pieces were secure.

Kath x

13 comments:

Barb said...

It's beautiful Kath. I have this die but not used it yet. That,s a good tip too. Barbxx

meg said...

What patience you have Kath, beautiful card

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's a lovely card.

Hope you have had a nice weekend. Sue

Liz said...

I love this card, Kath. I remember seeing the magazine with a this die. After seeing your card, I wish I'd bought it! I love the colours you've used for your design, just beautiful. xx

Valerija said...

What a lovely card, Kath. A really wonderful die.
Valerija xx

Pat said...

This is a super magazine freebie Kath, and if a recent one will be on the lookout for it myself. I love the colours you have used. x

Macimbalo said...

Such a pretty card! Wow a magazine freebie that is so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ATG w/ Dies December Challenge!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kath, a super design - the die cut looks fabulous against the white background. I have this die and didn't get around to using it this year - I must use it for some of next year's Christmas cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

A lovely stained glass affect. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Gorgeous card - and as Mrs A says. just like stained glass. Great work Kath - you have the patience of a saint.

Hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

Hi Kath, and thanks for your visit after my long MIA. This is SO lovely, and truly does look like the stained glass windows in the churches. This is quite a labor of love, with all the different colored die cuts, and it truly is so stunning. TFS & Merry Christmas. Best wishes for a wonderful 2018.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this stained glass effect of this card. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers December Christmas Challenge.

Shona Hamill said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx