Monday 18 September 2017

Winter Penguin Trio

I made this card for the Bugaboo Stella Says Sketch Challenge.  I'm also entering the ABC Christmas Challenge 'S for Sketch and T for Trio' (my card uses both letters - the Bugaboo sketch and a trio of penguins), Paper Creator 'Simply Christmas', Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 'Use Three Different Patterned Papers' and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.  The paper and card are from my snippets mountain, so I'm also heading into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 7" x 5" white silk
Stamp: Bugaboo 'Winter Penguin Trio' digi. Hot of the Press 'Christmas Wishes' (magazine freebie)
Ink: Versafine 'Vintage Sepia'
Colouring: Promarkers
Card: White silk
Other: Diamond Stickles, Wink of Stella, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pen
Snippets: Gold card and patterned papers

I attached blue snowflake paper to the left side of the card blank.  I resized the digi and printed it onto white silk card before trimming it and colouring the image with Promarkers.  This was then layered onto gold card before being attached to the card.  I stamped the sentiment below the image and highlighed it with the Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  I cut three fishtail banners and attached them along the top edge.  To finish I highlighted the penguins' clothing with a Wink of Stella and applied Diamond Stickles to the snow.

Kath x

11 comments:

meg said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, these penguin are so cute!

Sue said...

Hi Kath, I love the card and those Penguins are adorable.

Hope you are having a good start to the week. Sue

KandA said...

This is super Kath, those penguins are one of my favourite Bugaboo images xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Adorable Christmas card Kath love your cute penguin image

Anne

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card, love the image and a super design.

Kath x

Sue said...

Adorable card those penguins are so cute! and thanks for joining us at Paper Creator hugs Sue x

Pat said...

I love the cute penguins Kath and this is great take on the sketch. x

aussie aNNie said...

Kath, your penguins are cute, sorry am not always around but I do pop in occasionally...hugs.xx [aNNie]

Di said...

Fabulous card Kath - a great take on the sketch, and those penguins are so, so cute as well!

Hugs

Di xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Marie Bingaman said...

Adorable! I sure do love those Bugaboo penguins! Thanks for sharing these guys with us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT