Tuesday 2 February 2016

Lots of Snippets

Having seen Di's snippets card last week, I decided to make this card using some silver die cuts left over from a Cuttlebug workshop I went to about three years ago!  The Chloe stems had been die cut for another project and not used,so I managed to use lots of snippets for this thrifty card for Pixie's Crafty Workshop challenge.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Stamp: Woodware 'Going to Seed'
Dies: Cuttlebug 'Celebration Stamp Square' and 'Vintage', Memory Box 'Chloe Stem'
Embossing: Cuttlebug 'Perfectly Paisley'
Ink: Versafine Crimson Red
Snippets: Red and white card, silver mirri card

I embossed snippets of white card with the Paisley folder and then die cut four squares.  I die cut one square from plain white card and stamped the sentiment into the centre.  I attached the white and silver squares onto a snippet of red card using Tombow Mono glue so I could move them to ensure they were all level.  The red panel was then trimmed, layered onto silver mirri card and attached to the card front.  To finish, I trimmed two Chloe stems and attached them to the card front.

Kath x

17 comments:

brenda said...

Great and eye catching way of using up your snippets Kath.

B x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, I really like this one and it's always nice to use up the snippets.

Hope you have a good day. Sue

Valerija said...

Wonderful snippets card.
Valerija xx

Di said...

I absolutely LOVE this card Kath! Brilliant use of snippets and such perfect composition - you made it look perfect yet effortless!

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

Brilliant design to use up those snippets Kath. Love the layout with the embossing + dies + colours xx

Barb said...

I love this card too Kath. A great use of your snippets. Barbxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautifully made! This is gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

This is fabulous, I love it.

Kath x

Linby said...

Beautiful and a great way to use snippets. I like how you used the Chloe stem - sometimes difficult to know what else to do with it - thanks for the inspiration.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kath, great design - a brilliant way to use up your snippets.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

I love quilts, so I'm loving the style of this card. (also thank you for the reminder about the old C/Bug dies). They certainly are most effective on this elegant snippety card...and the combination of the flower squares, the embossed squares with the shimmer of the die cut squares, very beautiful indeed. Also perfect color combo to show it all off! TFS

Tkat said...

wow!!!!!!!!! love this card! it's absolutely gorgeous!

Darnell said...

Your quilt design (and Di's) for using up snippets is just genius, Kath! I love those edge details for making little squares really feel important on a card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

meg said...

Fantastic project Kath your card looks as though it is quilted

Sarn said...

Super looking card Kath. Brilliant use of snippets.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful use of the Cuttlebug dies Kath.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely beautiful, what a fab way to use your snippets
Jane