The current As You Like It Challenge is 'Favourite Wild Animal' and squirrels are one of my favourite animals as they are so funny to watch. I was overjoyed to see a red squirrel on our visit to Angelsey last year and a friend bought me this lovely cross stitch kit so I could stitch my own red squirrel. After completing the stitching I decided to make it into a card to give to my friend and share the red squirrel joy!
To make this card I used:
5" x 5" white matt card blank
Heritage Crafts 'Little Friends - Red Squirrel' kit
My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' die
Snippet of brown textured card
Heritage Crafts 'Little Friends - Red Squirrel' kit
My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' die
Snippet of brown textured card
After stitching the red squirrel I set it aside to make the frame. I trimmed a piece of brown textured card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and die cut a stitched circle from the centre. I trimmed the fabric and used extra strong tape to attach the stitching behind the frame and then to attach the panel to the front of the card blank.
I am entering the following challenges:
Allsorts - All Creatures Great and Small
Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
Allsorts - All Creatures Great and Small
Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Wild Animal (the red squirrel is one of my favourites and I was so happy to see one last year)
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Animals
Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a Song (my song is Red Squirrel by Steamer Lane)
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Animals
Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a Song (my song is Red Squirrel by Steamer Lane)
Kath x
9 comments:
Absolutely stunning Kath, the stitching is so neat. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the All Creatures Great and Small option.
Liz x
So pleased I'm not the only one who loves watching Squirrel antics, perfect for Allsorts, thank you.
B x
Hi Kath
What a beautiful card and such super neat cross stitching.
I bet it will go into a frame on your friends wall.
I have only ever seen one red squirrel and that was many, many years ago when I was about 10 years old staying with my Great Aunt in Coventry.
Hope all is good at your end.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo
This is another beautiful piece of cross stitch Kath and I love the colour of the frame you chose which goes perfectly. I do love red squirrels and I shall never forget our afternoon amongst them on the Isle of Anglesey..it was a wonderful experience. x
Beautifull! Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}
That's a gorgeous cross stitched squirrel. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts and AYLI. Sarah
my son's favorite animal - squirrerl, thank you for sharing this card with us at Sparkle Animal Challenge
The little squirrel is beautiful and looks lovely in the framed card.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril
Bless your heart for having the patience to do counted cross-stitch work!!! Your squirrel is excellently embroidered! Thanks for sharing at Ally's Angels #109!!!
Post a Comment