Sunday, 6 January 2013

For a wonderful couple

We're having a lazy Sunday afternoon (my favourite sort) so my OH is reading the paper and I'm crafting - here's one of the cards I've made today.  I've followed this week's Freshly Made Sketch and as the card is made from snippets I'm also in the playground for Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


I attached a square of red moondust card to a cream card blank.  Onto this, I attached a piece of cream card to the top half, which had been embossed with my Swiss Dots embossing folder, and snippets of green/pink papers to the lower half.  I found two red Cuttlebug Concentric Hearts in my snippets drawer and cut a small slit into the smaller heart so I could link the two hearts - these were then attached with silicone glue to give some dimension.  To finish, I die cut and embossed a small scalloped circle from cream card and stamped the sentiment from Woodware's Getting Married set.

Kath x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, love your take on his sketch- I used it for one of my cards too! I think I have those patterned papers you've use too- are they K&co?

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, I love every single detail, and the two hears intertwined look brilliant idea.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty card Kath, I love the twined hearts. I can't get my head around Valentines yet, still making Christmas cards, lol!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kath, That card is really lovely. I have a Cuttlebug, but haven't used it much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These hearts are simply wonderful!! What a pretty card this is! Glad you joined us this week at FMS! Looks like you have had a very happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The interlocking hearts are a great focal point on your card. Great selection of patterened paper too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have entwinned your hearts. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Kath - and such a great idea to entwine the hearts. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the intertwined hearts! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card Kath - very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the details on this card and the layout. Going back to work was a shock to my system too! xxx

    ReplyDelete